Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-22-2021

Russian Federation

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Noise in the computer

2021-04-07, 13:33 PM

I bought Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15IIL05 grey approximately half a year ago.

I use it for office purpose, I don't play good computer games. Sometimes I watch movies online and play browser games. When I do it my laptop makes so much noise. I think the problem is in computer vent. The laptop is on the table, I didn't hit it or make any damage. And it can't be dust inside because I often clean it. 

It makes as much noise as my old computer which I bought 10 years ago. Laptop's also a bit hot near a screen panel. 

I don't think it's normal.

And I'm puzzled because I don't know what should I say to IT service guys. 

Could anyone please tell me what's possible wrong? 

Should I ask to change my laptop or try to repair it?

Options

1419 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

80 Signins

8240 Page Views

• Views: 8240
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Noise in the computer

2021-04-07, 13:51 PM

Hello JelenaIa,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Here are some tips to check on your fan issue and if these can be helpful in minimizing the noise.

You may check on Lenovo Vantage to set the fan into Quiet mode first. If there is no option on Lenovo Vantage, go ahead and proceed to check it on BIOS.

To go to BIOS: From a powered off state, disconnect all peripheral devices connected (external mouse, keyboards, flashdrives, chrager, etc.) then press and hold down the power button for 60 seconds to drain flea power.

Access the Novo button, the machine will show Novo Menu, use keyboard and select BIOS Set Up - head to Configuration tab and look for quiet mode. To exit, tap on the F10 key on your keyboard to Save and Exit. The machine will automatically boot to Windows.

If these did not work in your machine, I suggest to check your current BIOS version if it matches the recommended version from our support site. On the support page, enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click Manual Update - check/compare the BIOS versions.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms