Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-17-2021

Switzerland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Not able to connect both separate webcam and external mic on an Ideapad 120S

2021-02-17, 11:45 AM

Hi all,

Am new here and having an issue connecting both a separate webcam (Logitech C930e) and an external mic.

When I plug the webcam in one USB Port and the mic in another, the mic does not work.

They work individually but not together.

I plan to use for You Tube and so this is frustrating.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you,

Neil

Options

1847 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

204 Signins

9556 Page Views

• Views: 9556
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Not able to connect both separate webcam and external mic on an Ideapad 120S

2021-02-17, 13:37 PM

Hi Neilax,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This is most likely due to the fact that the C930e has a integrated microphone (left and right of the camera).

Check the camera settings and see if you can disable the microphone, then plug the external one in and see if it works.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

02-17-2021

Switzerland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-17, 13:43 PM

Thank you Voithos.

I will check that.

Regards,

Neil

Options

1847 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

204 Signins

9556 Page Views

• Views: 9556
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-19, 11:33 AM

In any case, when connecting the Camera, it might be possible to disable this microphone in the camera settings or the device manager (Press the Windows key + X, select Device Manager), then select Microphone or Audio Inputs and Outputs. If there's a microphone device visible, you can try to right click it. Select "Disable" and then perform a restart of the device. If the microphone component of the camera is still disabled. Try plugging in the other external one and see if it works.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms