Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

Hungary

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 7

Notebook discharging while turned off

2021-04-06, 20:20 PM

Hello!

I have a Lenovo Duet 3i notebook.

Everything worked great, until the past few weeks: the battery started to discharge even in turned-off state. In a typical night, it loses about 10-15% of the charge in 8 hours.

I turn it off, not using the hibernate or the sleep options, I also tried some tips, like turning off fast boot in windows, an disable every device which can wake up the computer.

The battery condition is perfect (wear level 0%), it is a couple months old machine. Unfortunately, the battery can not be removed, but there is a BIOS option, where I can disable the battery (for service pusposes). I also tried that, and in that case, the charge level did not drop, so it seems that it is not a battery hardware issue.

Please help with this annoying error, beacause right now I can use the notebook, but if I put it down for a couple days, it depletes itself completely.

Options

2410 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

154 Signins

13951 Page Views

• Views: 13951
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Notebook discharging while turned off

2021-04-06, 21:40 PM

Hi Bibby04,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am wondering if there is a feature called Modern Standby on your machine, it is offered on Win202H version intended by MS to have your machine work like a mobile phone , this is called Always Online, Always Connected.

You can try to go to CMD, then type in “powercfg /a” (exclude quotation marks) to find out the current sleep level state if this is active.

You may need to show a picture of the results from your CMD.

Likewise, on the BIOS you can disable Always On USB feature and Charge In Battery mode. tap on f10 to save and exit.

Let us know when convenient.

Regards.

Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

Hungary

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-04-07, 7:17 AM

Hello Dex,

Thank you, I also turned off always on USB and charge options earlier.

And I checked the Modern standy/always conneted, it does not even supported:

Options

2410 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

154 Signins

13951 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-04-08, 20:15 PM

Hi Bibby04,

Thank you for getting back to this thread. I would like to advise trying to shutdown the machine through the power options on Windows while holding down the Function key observe if it still lose 15%.

Let us know when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

Hungary

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-04-11, 13:36 PM

Thanks for the tip, tried that.

Unfortunately, no change: dropped 23% in about 15 hours, so it seems the same 1,5% per hour discharging rate in turned off state. :(

Options

4 Posts

04-06-2021

Hungary

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-04-13, 6:45 AM

Just for making the things more confusing:

Last night I did not shut it down, I put it in sleep mode instead. The result: it drained only 2% in that state in 8 hours. So if I shut it down, it drains abnormally, in sleep mode it does not...

Options

2410 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

154 Signins

13951 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-05-06, 15:24 PM

Hi Bibby04,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would advise you may have to disconnect some peripheral devices from the machine like external keyboards, mouse, external hard drives, etc. that are connected when the device is powered off. See if this would still consume battery life when powered off.

Also, I'd like to check your BIOS and test the feature "Disable Building-in Battery" under Configuration tab, shut down the machine then unplug the charger. Then monitor if the battery life will still be consumed.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms