Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-25-2021

Spain

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Physical Laptop Issues

2021-11-25, 11:43 AM

I have been experiencing some physical issues with my MSI laptop. Firstly, the bottom-left corner of the frame has separated from the screen.

This seemed to be the result of an increasingly loud cracking sound when opening and closing the laptop through its life. The best explanation I have seen so far is that the hinges may have been fastened too tightly when built.

Shortly after this happened, my screen suddenly acquired a redish tint, and has retained it continually ever since, which can sort of be seen in the above image although it doesn't show up that well. In this state, a faint imprint of graphics left on screen for a while become "stuck" on the screen. This persists after rebooting, but gradually fades away with use. The best explanation I have found so far is that an RBG color controller connector may have become disconnected.

Are these diagnoses correct? Can the issues be fixed at a repair shop, or is there an easy way to self-repair? If I do not repair anything, and simply cover the laptop instead of closing it, is it likely that further damage will be done (such as additional color connectors becoming dislodged)?

Site
Options

90 Posts

03-10-2021

Denmark

70 Signins

1660 Page Views

• Views: 1660
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Physical Laptop Issues

2021-11-25, 12:20 PM

Hi,

I think it would probably be better to contact MSI or write on their forums about issues with one of their products.

Kind regards, August
Options

5324 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30387 Page Views

• Views: 30387
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Physical Laptop Issues

2021-11-25, 16:30 PM

Greetings @anuwjutt ,

Apologies to know about going through such an experience with the machine.

As much as we'd like to help, I believe that it would be a much effective way to reach out to the technical support team of MSI for them to properly share their technical insight or try their forums site if available so other users with the same machine might be able to suggest their help as well. It might also help you if you will try to reach out to the  reseller of the machine so they can share their warranty policy about the case.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms