English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

Power Mode Slider

2018-09-01, 14:24 PM

Trying to maximize battery life and noticed the Power Mode Slider when I single-click the SysTray Battery icon. When I plug in my laptop (Ideapad 330 17ICH) the slider automatically moves to "Best Performance." When I unplug, the slider automatically moves to "Better Battery." If I manually move the slider to "Battery Saver" I should get more time, which I still have to test, but that's not my issue.

Though I move the slider manually to Battery Saver, it won't move there on its own when I unplug. Is there any way to force this behavior automatically? Thanks for any insights you may have into this.

Solved! See the solution
Options

29 Posts

08-02-2018

US

67 Signins

410 Page Views

• Views: 410
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Power Mode Slider

2018-09-01, 22:20 PM

Hi LoneWolffe, Welcome to the Community Forums. Try to move the power slider to Battery Saver while on battery mode then change the Battery settings to Maximum Performance when plugged in then try to check if it automatically changes when unplugged.
In addition, you can also check this article https://lnv.gy/2NasZls on how to set the Battery Saver on only if the battery falls under a certain percentage. Reggie_Lenovo

Moderator comment: Link above expanded for transparency.

- https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2647-turn-off-battery-saver-windows-10-a.html?linkId=56318630

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2018-09-04, 12:58 PM
Yes, I tried moving the slider to Battery Saver manually, but it won't move there on its own when unplugged. It does move to Best Performance when plugging in, but only to Better Battery when unplugged.

The Battery Saver set to turn on automatically I think is the key. I set it to 95%, so when I unplug it will go right into Battery Saver mode.
Options

456 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

423 Signins

2278 Page Views

• Views: 2278
  • Message 4 of 8

2018-09-04, 13:52 PM

Hi LoneWolffe! Another hand to help here. Are you using the Lenovo Vantage application? If not, could you try to install the Lenovo Vantage from here https://lnv.gy/2oFoiC0 and check if those battery saver options will work properly. Make sure to restart the laptop after you install the app successfully. Let us know the result. Mark_Lenovo

Moderator comment: Link above expanded for transparency.

- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?linkId=56397766&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2018-09-04, 13:57 PM

the only battery setting i see there is battery conservation mode, but that has to do with overall battery lifespan, not how long i can run my laptop while unplugged. thanks for the suggestion, though.

Options

456 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

423 Signins

2278 Page Views

• Views: 2278
  • Message 6 of 8

2018-09-04, 15:48 PM

Thanks for the update. Make sure that before you use the Power Mode Slider that your Power Options is set to Balanced. Please keep us updated. Mark_Lenovo

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

11-10-2017

US

851 Signins

6396 Page Views

• Views: 6396
  • Message 7 of 8

2018-09-04, 19:34 PM

Amy Tupper
Product Owner, Social Care
Lenovo Community & Social Support

Options

6 Posts

11-10-2017

US

851 Signins

6396 Page Views

• Views: 6396
  • Message 8 of 8

2018-09-04, 19:33 PM

Amy Tupper
Product Owner, Social Care
Lenovo Community & Social Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete