English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-19-2020

IN

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

S540-15IML Laptop & premium support - crackling sound on earphones & low volume on system speakers

2020-09-19, 17:59 PM

I brought a S540-15IML Laptop in July. 

Issues:

1. I have tried 2 Sony earphones and 1 sennheiser earphone on the laptop and the sound output is a disturbing crackling sound
  2. Laptop speaker output is very feeble at even full volume

Premium Support:

1. The premium support chaps were helpful and tried updating the OS to see if that fixed the issue. It didn't 
  2. It turns out I needed to have a pen drive handy to download the windows OS so I decided to call back
  3. This is where the painful experience starts. I spent the entire Saturday of 19th September trying to reach the premium support
  4. Finally managed to connect after 10 PM. 
  5. The representative helped with the OS download and then disconnected the session asking me to call back for help with the installation. What I don't understand is when the download was complete he could have just started with the installation! no ?
  6. I tried calling back and as of this writing I have been on call waiting for 15 minutes (and still waiting)
  7. I don't know what kind of premium suppport this is 
  8. To me, this seems to be an hardware issue and I definitely would ask for a replacement. The sound options on this model which costs in the upward range of 60K is mediocre at best.

I am hoping this forum provides some resolution as I can't seem to be able to reach Lenovo support easily.

Regards,

Rohit Kshirsagar

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete