English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-19-2020

IN

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad slim 3i - 81WE004WIN SSD Upgrade suggestions

2020-09-19, 15:38 PM

Hello, 

I wanted a suggestion, could I add M.2 PCI-E SSD to my Lenovo ideapad slim 3i - 81WE004WIN, the model which I have don't have SSD and only have 1TB HDD, but I have seen that same ideapad slim 3i 

series (81WD00AVIN) have 512GB SSD . I checked my system board photos through lenovo warranty lookup and there I see the same board as the SSD Variant with no difference and both boards have 

same M.2 Slots.  If I could add M.2 SSD, please suggest which Type of M.2 SSD should I use.

MOD: Model added to title -Doc

Options

447 Posts

05-14-2020

US

197 Signins

2300 Page Views

• Views: 2300
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad slim 3i - 81WE004WIN SSD Upgrade suggestions

2020-09-23, 20:06 PM

Hello,

I would access my system hardware manual, and parts listing.  These are available along with quite a bit of additional information describing our exact machine, by Clicking the word SUPPORT at the top of this page, then entering your system serial number.

The parts listing will show Lenovo part numbers for system drives installed from the factory.  A google search of the part numbers will bring up third party suppliers and "will fit" components.

Because your system name has "slim" in the title, check to be sure two SSD's will actually fit inside.  Small capacity ssd's are physically the same size but cost less.  Perhaps buy an inexpensive one to use as a physical trial item, then purchase the size you really wanted later?  A PC repair technician might be able to provide advice on that.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete