Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-25-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Save battery life while plugged in

2021-11-25, 6:56 AM

Is there anyway to disconnect the battery via software or hardware when I have my computer plugged in? 

I ran into this issue in the past with my Surface 4. Sometimes, I get caught up in work and forget that my power cord is attached despite the battery being charged to 100%. I know this is risky and can lead to the battery to swell and even decrease the battery longevity. 

Just wanted to know if there is a way to disconnect the battery and just use to wall power to run the laptop while being plugged in?

Thanks in advance for the help/answer(s). 

Options

90 Posts

03-10-2021

Denmark

70 Signins

1660 Page Views

• Views: 1660
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Save battery life while plugged in

2021-11-25, 7:22 AM

Hi,

In Lenovo Vantage, under the power settings, there should be a battery conservation mode.

This should cap the battery charge at around 60%.

Kind regards, August
Options

5324 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30387 Page Views

• Views: 30387
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Save battery life while plugged in

2021-11-25, 13:48 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @irap ,

In addition to the advise shared, Lenovo machines do come with a built in mechanism that stops the battery charging at a specific percentage either during 90% or 95%. This is a feature that stops the charging even when ac adapter is connected in order to avoid overcharging and overheating that eventually leads to damaging the battery. This feature automatically works by default on some machine models.

@ irap wrote:

Just wanted to know if there is a way to disconnect the battery and just use to wall power to run the laptop while being plugged in?

Thanks in advance for the help/answer(s). 

Modern day laptops have already internalized batteries as a part of technical achievement. Hence, the battery goes with the machine wherever it goes.

Of course, as mentioned, the Lenovo Vantage app has a feature that stops the charging at a specified percent. Enabling this is much more practical on your interest to save battery, this will mean you will have to connect the ac adapter frequently when battery reaches its lowest point.

This is a feature Lenovo offers to prolong the life of the battery. When enabled, the battery will only charge to 55-60%. This will shorten the amount of time the computer can be used when disconnected from an AC power source, but it will maximize the amount of time before the computer battery needs to be replaced.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms