English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

63 Posts

11-25-2013

US

147 Signins

1248 Page Views

• Views: 1248
  • Message 1 of 6

Screen protector for Lenovo Flex 14?

2019-12-06, 6:38 AM

Specifically, a tempered-glass one. Does it exist? The closest I can find is a Spigen for the Ideapad Flex 6 14, and while it's close, reports are that it's not close enough, particularly in the area of the grille.

Mine is the IdeaPad FLEX-14API (Type 81SS - Model 81SS000DUS), but, of course, protectors don't get that specific.

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Screen protector for Lenovo Flex 14?

2019-12-06, 13:34 PM

Hi rseiler,

One of the most evident and valued benefits of tempered glass is that it is safer. Tempered glass is stronger, so it resists breakage.

While Privacy Filters front of the screen have a perfectly clear view, the view for those outside the 60° viewing angle is blocked to ensure privacy and security, and the both protect the screen of the laptop.

We have privacy filters and anti glare protection, that your can find here in smartfind.com, feel free browse this web page.

Hope this will address your query

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

63 Posts

11-25-2013

US

147 Signins

1248 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-12-06, 16:40 PM
Thanks, but there are zero results even for those, but I was looking for screen protection anyway, so that's fine.

I didn't expect Lenovo would be the vendor, so is anyone aware of one from a 3rd-party?
Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-12-06, 16:51 PM

Hi rseiler.

We are unaware if there is one, you may ask any local trusted service center in you're area if they have it available. 

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

12-19-2019

US

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-12-19, 5:42 AM

I have the same laptop

I've been successful in finding a couple of tempered glass screen protectors on amazon that directly mention the flex 14api model #

I have not yet ordered any of them but i just found this listing from spigen tonight and it was $5 cheaper than the no name i had saved from ealier last week

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNY28PL

just re-read your post and saw the issue about the spigen brand ones....

here's the other listing i've seen

https://www.amazon.com/Synvy-Protector-Protective-Protectors-Anti-Scratch/dp/B081DZ2V4C

hope this helps

i've had a few spigen phone cases and they worked great but never used their screen protectors, if i order them i'll let you know how they are.

(p.s. if you find any snap-on case covers for our model please let me know :smileyhappy: )

Options

63 Posts

11-25-2013

US

147 Signins

1248 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-12-19, 6:08 AM

The one people were having the issue with is the only Spigen (for a 14" Flex) that everyone thought existed, which was this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Tempered-Designed-Compatible-81EM000VUS

It wasn't a surprise that it wasn't a perfect fit, but it apparently required a bit too much dremel work to be satisfactory.

I have no idea how you found an exact match, and it's not even a new listing (according to the date on the page anyway, which I'm not sure that I believe). Spigen was even one of the ones I had in mind from the start, based on this article, but I was basically 100% sure that the closest one they made was for the Flex 6, and I definitely looked on Amazon. I don't even think it exists on Spigen's own site, but maybe you'll find it. :)

I'm the one that's usually good at finding things online, so I totally resent someone who's better. :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete