English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-30-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Selling of Old or Fake Laptops

2020-06-30, 7:25 AM

Dear Lenovo,

I am Ramesh Mishra. I had purchased a laptop from the nearest Authorized Lenovo Store (As stated by the manager). The laptop was bought on 22nd June 2020. According to which, the warranty should expire on 21st June 2021.

But that is not the case. The warranty expires in 59 days.

I checked on Lenovo Vantage Application, it says that the Warranty Start Date: 29th Aug 2019 and End Date: 28th Aug 2020.

It is also seen that the Manufacturing date of the Laptop is 19th Aug 2017.

Kindly assist me and guide in the replacement of the laptop to a newer one or in the Full refund of the price of the Laptop.

I am attaching a scanned copy of the receipt/invoice and the Manufacturing Document.

Regards

Admin note: attached document including private identifiable information removed.

Options

204 Posts

03-11-2020

US

27 Signins

1425 Page Views

• Views: 1425
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Selling of Old or Fake Laptops

2020-06-30, 9:30 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

You can contact Lenovo support and supply them with the original recipe, then they will set the warranty to the date you bought it.

the reason why the warranty looks strange is because when they are build, they will in the system have the "birth" date as warranty start.

This is quite normal, as i said, contact support and they will fix the warranty date.

If you regret your purchase, you will have to contact the retailer, since it is up to them, and about when you bought it, if you can regret your purchase.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete