Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

04-24-2015

United States of America

15 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 1 of 7

Serious noises from the speakers connected new Edge 15

2015-04-24, 4:19 AM

I just received my Lenovo Edge 15(i7 - 5 Gen) and met the serious noise problem from the PC speakers when I connected them to my laptop with 3.5 jack, even my laptop is under turned-off status. It just connected to the power, but NOT turn-on it. However, the noise is really loud.  

When it is turned on or I restart Windows, also it makes crackling noises. The noise is very loud,
Is there anyone that has same problem on new lenovo Edge 15 model? 

How should I treat this problem?  

Thanks in advance. 

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Serious noises from the speakers connected new Edge 15

2015-04-24, 14:38 PM

hi jojojojo10,

Welcome to the Forums.

I don't have a Lenovo Edge 15 here for testing but It's not normal to hear a loud / high pitch / crackling noise when an external speaker is connected to the audio jack, especially if the noise is still present even when the machine is powered off. This scenario may indicate a bad audio jack (possible not properly grounded) or it's connection to the sound adapter.

Since the Edge 15 uses an audio/combo jack, try to insert the audio cable but don't fully insert it in (leave at least a few .mm before it fully contacts the jack) and observe.

- Sample image

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

04-24-2015

United States of America

15 Signins

79 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2015-04-24, 19:57 PM

I'm sure there is no problem on audio jack. When I test it with 4 more laptops and same speakers(same jack), there is no buzzing(never stop buzzing until unpluged) and Poping noise. 

Options

9 Posts

04-24-2015

United States of America

15 Signins

79 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2015-04-24, 20:19 PM
Options

9 Posts

04-24-2015

United States of America

15 Signins

79 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2015-04-24, 20:22 PM

My previous laptop had an audio/combo jack. In that time, no noise problem on the same speakers. And I tried to test several times again with your advice-I didn't fully insert it but leave a few .mm - but the result is same, big buzzing noise. Even if I unplug the power cord from wall outlet, just use the battery of the laptop, there is still buzzing noise, of course, in the shut down state.

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 6 of 7

2015-04-24, 20:23 PM

hi there,

What I mean is that the Edge 15 uses an audio/combo jack (it's a redesigned audio jack that supports headphones with integrated microphone).that might be causing the issue (not the speaker's audio jack).

The procedure wherein you don't fully insert the speaker's audio jack into the Edge 15's audio/combo jack to test the sound is just to check if it's a grounding issue as the Edge 15's audio/combo jack has a different pin layout.

- Sample image

In addition, you can also try to update the BIOS but if the problem remains, I recommend you contact lenovo (for service) or the place of purchase (if it's still possible to get a replacement unit).

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

04-24-2015

United States of America

15 Signins

79 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2015-04-24, 20:47 PM

Oh, I see

You mean it could be new jack problem of the new Edge 15 with i7-5 gen. 

Anyway, I updated the latest BIOS just before and tested it. There is still problem. 

Bios updating is not a solution for this.

(As I mention, this noise problem happens on power-shut-down state. )

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)