Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Sound issues on my Lenovo Ideapad

2021-07-22, 17:11 PM

Hi, I have a Lenovo Ideapad C340. Whenever the computer sleeps, when it's started up again the sound ALWAYS goes extremely quiet. To the point I can only hear it slightly if it's at 100. It only used to do this if i left it asleep for a few weeks but now it does it every single time I let it sleep. The only way to fix it is to completely restart the laptop every time. 

I have tried the typical troubleshooting ideas found online, but not come across any forum post that has the same issue. Any advice? Thanks!

Options

4104 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

254 Signins

22868 Page Views

• Views: 22868
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Sound issues on my Lenovo Ideapad

2021-07-22, 18:05 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums,

Try to uninstall your audio driver from the Device Manager first. 

Then download the audio drivers using the recommended drivers from the support site. Once on the support page, type in your machine serial number to load up the drivers. Head to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual Tab, download and complete the installation of audio drivers.

Proceed to disable Automatic Hardware drivers update  
- Go to Control Panel.
- Head to  System and Security then click System.
- Click Advanced System settings from the left sidebar and then select the Hardware tab.
- Press the Device Installation Settings button.
- Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Restart the machine and then test the audio again.

If this one above did not made any difference, try to boot the machine in safe mode then test if the same issue on audio would be present in that mode.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms