English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-19-2020

AU

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Startup items

2020-09-19, 7:22 AM

Not every time, but quite regularly on startup I get notifications of new startup items being detected.
Usually three or four at a time and they have meaningless names and always originating from Lenovo. This is on a Lenovo Ideapad 520 running Windows 10.
I've attached a screen clip of one of these.
What are these new startup items that keep appearing?

Options

3258 Posts

12-22-2008

CA

12323 Signins

177378 Page Views

• Views: 177378
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Startup items

2020-09-19, 12:14 PM

@ kaygee46 wrote:

Not every time, but quite regularly on startup I get notifications of new startup items being detected.
Usually three or four at a time and they have meaningless names and always originating from Lenovo. This is on a Lenovo Ideapad 520 running Windows 10.
I've attached a screen clip of one of these.
What are these new startup items that keep appearing?

Welcome to the forum.

Lenovo, like most PC makers, includes a variety of additional software programs to supplement Windows. These add functionality, monitor the system's health, manage devices, etc. One good example of this is Lenovo Vantage. These programs get started automatically by Windows when the system boots. 

One way to determine what each program does it to Google on the name, e.g. LenovoVantageService.exe

If you find these messages annoying, I would not delete the files indiscriminately. Perhaps there is a setting in Advanced SystemCare that can reduce or eliminate these messages.

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete