English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

05-05-2020

GB

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Static audio crackling - only when the power is connected - Can you "Switch off" USB 3? just have 2

2020-05-05, 10:33 AM

Hi

I recently upgraded to an Ideapad S540 15, I predominantly use my laptop for djing using Serato DJ Pro, this involves connecting a djay controller (essentially an external Sound Card) through a USB Port.

The equipment all works fine on previous laptop, however now when I use the software and the controller, it works fine if I do not have the laptop power supply plugged in but as soon as I do I then get a crackling static type noise whenever I touch the controller. 

Laptop OS, Drivers, BIOS all up to date, latest software, drivers and bios for controller.

Tried different power supply and different wall outlets

Tried different USB Ports

Equipment all works fine on previous laptop windows and MacBook Air

My suspicion is that it relates to USB 3 ports as there are a number of posts about that and Intels poor support in there drivers around audio latency.

I tried a powered USB 2 Hub but no joy

I have read on other support sites that disabling xHCI in bios may help - I cant find anything relating to that

I have also read that uninstalling the Intel Extensible USB Controller driver will essentially make all USB Ports run as USB 2 - I cant find entry in add remove programs as suggested and if remove from device manager it just re installs

I am not bother at all if I end up with slower transfer rates on all ports but is there a way to get the USB Ports to act like USB 2?

Thanks

Options

791 Posts

07-25-2013

AU

677 Signins

9425 Page Views

• Views: 9425
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Static audio crackling - only when the power is connected - Can you "Switch off" USB 3? just have 2

2020-05-05, 13:34 PM

Hi,

From my experience removing drivers for USB3 controllers simply will basically stop all USB ports connected to it from working.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete