English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-29-2016

IT

6 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 3

Strange buzzing noise IdeaPad 100s (11")

2016-12-29, 18:00 PM

I bought an IdeaPad 100s (11") and I hear a constant buzzing noise from the computer.

The noise starts AFTER the "Lenovo loading page" (when windows starts) and stops only if I shutdown the computer.
I tried installing HWMonitor to check temps and fans but the only strange (correct me if it's strange) thing is that the GPU was in full load all the time. All temps are ok.

The first time I started the computer (when I bought it) there was no noise, it started after the 3rd (or 4th maybe) computer restart. The only thing I did was installing the Microsoft Office suite, Avast, Acrobat reader, Google Chrome and maybe some windows updates. Nothing else.

The noise seems to come from the back of the display (or near there).

I tried lowering the volume, unplug all the peripherals I connected to the computer, turning Bluetooth off. Nothing has changed.

The computer is clean, I just installed the thing listed before and nothing else. Maybe some PDFs from university. The computer is brand new, and I really used to love it in the first days, but now with this noise it's making me crazy.

I'm quite sure it's a software problem, because the noise starts only when windows starts.
Any suggestion? How can I fix this? Please help me and sorry for my bad english.

Options

917 Posts

07-05-2016

GB

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Strange buzzing noise IdeaPad 100s (11")

2016-12-30, 16:04 PM

wrote:

I bought an IdeaPad 100s (11") and I hear a constant buzzing noise from the computer.

The noise starts AFTER the "Lenovo loading page" (when windows starts) and stops only if I shutdown the computer.
I tried installing HWMonitor to check temps and fans but the only strange (correct me if it's strange) thing is that the GPU was in full load all the time. All temps are ok.

The first time I started the computer (when I bought it) there was no noise, it started after the 3rd (or 4th maybe) computer restart. The only thing I did was installing the Microsoft Office suite, Avast, Acrobat reader, Google Chrome and maybe some windows updates. Nothing else.

The noise seems to come from the back of the display (or near there).

I tried lowering the volume, unplug all the peripherals I connected to the computer, turning Bluetooth off. Nothing has changed.

The computer is clean, I just installed the thing listed before and nothing else. Maybe some PDFs from university. The computer is brand new, and I really used to love it in the first days, but now with this noise it's making me crazy.

I'm quite sure it's a software problem, because the noise starts only when windows starts.
Any suggestion? How can I fix this? Please help me and sorry for my bad english.

Hi PeppeDAlterio and welcome to the community,

the quickest and easiest way to get this working is to One Key Recovery your machine and then test it before any updates have been applied.

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

12-29-2016

IT

6 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Strange buzzing noise IdeaPad 100s (11")

2016-12-30, 17:34 PM

Nope.
I spotted the problem: the display is making the buzzing noise. If i put the brightness at 100% it stops. If i lower it that the display starts buzzing again.

How can I contact Lenovo for RMA?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete