English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

Sudden Battery Death i330

2019-02-17, 3:01 AM

Recently, I've been noticing some odd battery behavior. I haven't paid attention to the details until now, but after the second time happening, I'm paying closer attention. Here's the problem:

On battery power, twice my laptop has suddenly switched to low power mode and immediately shut down. On connecting the charger and starting my laptop, battery level shows 0% available, charging.

I went to the Lenovo Vantage app and checked battery status there, and i think I found the problem? According to the app, Full Charge Capacity is 26.84 Wh, but the Design Capacity s 45.26 Wh. As I write this, Charge Percentage is up to 78%, 20.81 Wh.

This looks to me like my battery capacity has been severely compromised, perhaps a warranty replacement, but I don't know if there is a way to recalibrate as on my older laptop?

UPDATE:

So I decided to do a manual calibration once I got my laptop up to full charge, checked for updates, and a reboot. I'm now down 17% charge, and Lenovo Vantage app battery information says Full Charge Capacity is 42.33 Wh?

Options

11381 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39797 Signins

416729 Page Views

• Views: 416729
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Sudden Battery Death i330

2019-02-17, 4:55 AM
I would contact support before I did very much. In general batteries have a 1-year warranty

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete