Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-13-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

System Password to enter BIOS

2021-10-13, 19:16 PM

My machine is Ideapad 720s and I want to enable virtualization and I know it can be done by going into the BIOS. But when I try to enter BIOS, it asks for a system password that I don't know because I did not set it. 

How can I reset the password or make the BIOS password free.

Options

7452 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29463 Signins

1686278 Page Views

• Views: 1686278
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:System Password to enter BIOS

2021-10-13, 19:21 PM

@ akshay_jadiya wrote:

My machine is Ideapad 720s and I want to enable virtualization and I know it can be done by going into the BIOS. But when I try to enter BIOS, it asks for a system password that I don't know because I did not set it. 

How can I reset the password or make the BIOS password free.

The only way to remove/reset a BIOS supervisor password is to know it, and use it in the appropriate fields. There are no workarounds/backdoors/master passwords. If you do not know the password, or cannot get it, then you will need to contact Support to discuss a system board replacement.

If this thread strays into the discussion of circumvention of security features, it will be locked or removed without prior notice/warning.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms