Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-06-2021

Saudi Arabia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

The keyboard does not work

2021-04-06, 16:39 PM

Hello, I own a laptop that supports the touch screen

I encountered a problem recently when I use the touch screen or put the device to sleep
The keyboard does not work.
When you click on one of the keyboard buttons, random pages and windows will open
The keyboard does not work unless I log off or switch the user

Options

1789 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

110 Signins

10320 Page Views

• Views: 10320
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:The keyboard does not work

2021-04-06, 16:57 PM

Hello RAWAN-S2,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would suggest to try testing your keyboard on safe mode. Test if it would stop a normal operation or if it would open random pages and windows (while testing) after sleep / touchscreen activity.

Also,  please specify both laptop unit and the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant.

Let us know once convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

04-06-2021

Saudi Arabia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-10, 16:27 PM
Yes, in safe mode, there is no problem
Options

1789 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

110 Signins

10320 Page Views

• Views: 10320
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-12, 16:52 PM

Hi RAWAN-S2,

Thank you for the response.

I would like to recall it would be great to share your laptop unit and the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker.

You can go to the support site, enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual Update then download-update two drivers: 1) display drivers and 2) the keyboard drivers. Restart the machine after successful drivers update.

Please also let us know, on the same page, you will see the BIOS drivers. Check-compare if your machine's current BIOS version matches the recommended version on the support site.

Let us know the results and answers when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms