Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

12-01-2016

Indonesia

8 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 7

Touchpad / Cursor Leap or Lagging when connect to power adapter

2021-05-06, 8:43 AM

Dear all,

I just bought brand new lenovo flex 5, after 1 week, my touchpad start leaping or lagging when connect to power adapter.

I have tested unplugged the adapter, my touchpad working smoothly, and start leaping / lagging again when I connect the power adapter.

is it from hardware or software, please help.

Regards,

Muvest

Options

5312 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30337 Page Views

• Views: 30337
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Touchpad / Cursor Leap or Lagging when connect to power adapter

2021-05-06, 8:59 AM

Hello muvest,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I might advise to try performing a power drain to your machine first.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
* The machine should remain in off state. Try after 60 seconds, turn the machine on again.

Then run a diagnostics to check for any kind of hardware failure on the touchpad itself. Please feel free to include the results of the scan in your response.

Finally, please share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant. The machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

12-01-2016

Indonesia

8 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-05-06, 9:13 AM

Hallo Dex, Thank you.

I will test it when I get home.I just found that also hard for fingerprint scanner when it plugged to power adapter

Options

6 Posts

12-01-2016

Indonesia

8 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-05-07, 2:42 AM

@ Dex_Lenovo wrote:

Hello muvest,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I might advise to try performing a power drain to your machine first.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
* The machine should remain in off state. Try after 60 seconds, turn the machine on again.

Then run a diagnostics to check for any kind of hardware failure on the touchpad itself. Please feel free to include the results of the scan in your response.

Finally, please share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant. The machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

I have tried to perform static discharge,

and then run diagnostic using lenovo diagnostic tool,

here is the result for running touchpad diagnostic 2 times (1 unplugged power adapter, 1 with power adapter)

there is no error found.

I think its already solved with static discharge, right ?

my MTM is 82HU0041ID

Options

5312 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30337 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-05-07, 10:19 AM

Hi muvest,

Thank you for getting back on the thread and for the needed information. I would like to clarify if there are changes or any kind of improvement on your machine right after performing a static drain to your unit. Are you still experiencing an issue with the touchpad while the power adapter is connected?

Please test the touchpad again and observe. 

Let us know so we can further help.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

12-01-2016

Indonesia

8 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-05-07, 10:43 AM

Hi Dex,

Im not experiencing touchpad lagged anymore after static drain.

I have tested with power adapter and without power adapter.

Thank you for your support

Options

5312 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

340 Signins

30337 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-05-07, 10:48 AM

Hi muvest.

Glad to know it was fixed! I do appreciate your efforts all throughout. If you need help again some time in the future, please don't hesitate to initiate a new post in the board.

Til next time.
Dex_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms