Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-26-2021

Mexico

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Trouble booting from USB

2021-04-26, 5:02 AM

I am having trouble starting the windows 10 installation, my laptop does not recognize the installation usb. I already changed the BIOS settings to legacy mode, started the installation with the novo button, but it does not recognize any usb stick. I get a blue screen with an error code 0x000000f, I have the option to go into configuring the BIOS, and I find that the parameters have returned to their original mode, turning this into a cyclical problem.

When I go to the option to choose the usb device to start the installation, I find many repeated usb devices, something very strange.

I have tested the installation USB sticks on other computers and they work perfectly.

I attach screenshots.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Options

2526 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

272 Signins

12801 Page Views

• Views: 12801
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Trouble booting from USB

2021-04-26, 8:53 AM

Hi Hector Quintero,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try the following:

In the BIOS do the following:

- Navigate to the EXIT tab
- Press "Load Default Settings"
- Save & Exit changes

Re-enter the BIOS and check if USB Boot is set to Enabled. If yes, then exit and try booting from the USB. In the event this doesn't work, re-enter the BIOS and set Boot Mode to Legacy and try again. If Legacy mode is missing from the BOOT Mode, make sure Secure Boot is set to Disabled under the "Security" tab.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

04-26-2021

Mexico

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-28, 1:39 AM

Thanks, but the solution you provided did not work

Options

1022 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

418 Signins

5200 Page Views

• Views: 5200
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-28, 12:43 PM

The problem could be the usb stick itself, even though it works on other equipment.

Try this:

First, enter BIOS setup screens and on the last page will be a toggle "reset to factory defaults" and  sometimes present "optimize for OS"  Select both of those save and exit.

Then re-enter Windows 10 desktop and use the mouse and select "RESTART" command from windows power menu.  If software updates are pending, install those and then select RESTART" again.   Continue this cycle until all pending updates are installed.  (A toggle in the BIOS is set preventing boot from USB when Windows certain updates are pending.)

Also if you use the suspend and hibernate and fast boot features BIOS is also prevented from being changed.  Selecting "boot from usb" is a change to bios... :(

Then find a perhaps brand new USB key, move to  Microsoft.com and download your Windows 10 installation image.  Select one configured for "Install upon a different PC" and use the special USB "burning" software from Microsoft same page to create the bootable USB.

Then use the mouse and select "SHUTDOWN" command to stop Windows.  Insert bootable USB while the system is powered OFF.  Then preferably use the novo button to find the select bootable device screen to boot from USB.

Good Luck,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms