English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-25-2020

IN

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

UMA frame buffer option absent in bios (ideapad s145 ryzen 3 3200U)

2020-09-25, 21:14 PM

THE PROBLEM

I have an Ideapad S145 ryzen 3 3200U with Vega 3 Graphics (2GB integrated). Apparently, that 2GB VRAM is being used from my 8 GB RAM (I got 4 GB additionally added). This makes my usable RAM 5.88 GB.

WHAT I WANT

I want that only 512MB of VRAM be used from my 8 GB of RAM.

WHAT I TRIED

1) I googled on how can I reduce the allocated 2GB RAM for graphics and came across "UMA frame buffer" option in bios. However, the default bios even after being flashed to most recent version does not offer "UMA frame buffer" option.

2) Navigated to run -> msconfig -> boot -> (select your operating system) -> advanced options -> (now change maximum memory). This did not work.

3) Reduced the paging size. This did not work.

WHAT I ENCOUNTERED AND THOUGHT

1) Saw some people saying in the Lenovo support forums to contact lenovo support team, let them know about this and hope that they add this feature in bios in subsequent release. This makes you dependent on luck. Hence, practically of no value atleast at this point.

2) I was open to using a different manufacturer's bios that would offer "UMA frame buffer". However, this approach is very risky and can brick my device.

I'm in search of community expertise. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete