English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-20-2019

US

6 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 3

USB-C Features Supported

2019-07-25, 18:38 PM

I'm trying to understand what features on the USB-C are supported on my Lenovo Ideapad FLEX 5-1570 MTM: 81CA001SUS.  The User's Guide provides no information and looking around the Lenovo site.  

I found the following in my searching which looked promising:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Displays-Options-and-Accessories/USB-C-Compatibility-including-Power-Delivery/m-p/4017547

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Laptops/Lenovo_Flex_51570

https://accessorysmartfind.lenovo.com/#/

None addressed the question that I could see.

My reading suggests USB-C may support myriad features, and it is being widely adopted.  I would expect to find a martix or the like showing which features are supported by which model.  I was having trouble finding Lenovo USB-C adapters compatible with this model.

Anyone know if there's a standard place to go look this up?

Thanks-

Solved! See the solution
Options

12427 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7162 Signins

745499 Page Views

• Views: 745499
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: USB-C Features Supported

2019-07-25, 20:10 PM

Hi BD_Pgh,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

On the User's guide (page 9) shows the Type-C port only supports data transfer.

Product specification sheet just describe it for data transfer: one USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 . Unlike other type C with full Thunderbolt (lightning icon), it has the USB data transfer icon instead.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

07-20-2019

US

6 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: USB-C Features Supported

2019-07-25, 21:01 PM

Very helpful to me, and I hope others.

Wow - Thanks!  My eyes must be bad or something.  Sounds dumb as I write this, but searched the manual for "USB" and overlooked this (though I apparently had the wrong UG downloaded).  The spec sheet does address the rest of my question - partly because you interpretted it for me.  I now know it is USB 3.1 Gen 1 - same as the other 2 ports functionally but with a Type-C connector.

I hadn't understood that spec'ing "USB 3.1 Gen 1" was sufficient to know it was only the data function.  Likewise with the iconography on the machine - I hadn't looked closely though I'm not sure I'd have recognized that the Thunderbolt was not present.  Indeed the icons are the same on the USB ports side by side.

At the moment all I need from time to time is an Ethernet connection - and I have USB Type-A adapters.  So at best a simple Type-C to Type-A hub or adapter would be all that I might need to utilize the port (since I have no devices, yet, with Type-C plugs).

Again - Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms