Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-06-2021

Israel

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

USB C hub HDMI output not working

2021-04-06, 18:43 PM

I have purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB few years ago and it has served very well. I have recently wanted to make some sort of a dock for my laptop that will enable my to connect external keyboard, mouse and display through a single cable. I have bought a USB C hub and connected all my peripherals to it. The mouse and keyboard work fine however, the display is not getting any signal. Is it possible to output HDMI signal through a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port? Do I need to update any driver on my machine to make this work? Or is it impossible?

Options

2435 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

155 Signins

14071 Page Views

• Views: 14071
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:USB C hub HDMI output not working

2021-04-06, 19:44 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums Ori Adereth,

Checking on the user manual of the machine (page 6), it appears that the USB C port of your unit functions as USB 3.1 Gen 1, Output 5V DC, 0.9A DC.

On the same side, there is a HDMI port which is mainly responsible for projecting external display. The USB C port on your machine is not meant to function as a display outlet rather it functions for peripheral devices.

I hope this helps.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms