English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-27-2019

IE

7 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 4

USB Malfunction

2019-05-27, 11:16 AM

Hello,

Problem initially began as failure of USB 3.0 port on Lenovo Ideapad 310. Some weeks later the rest of the USB 2.0 ports died. Resetting PC did not help. Lenovo diagnostics included a scan of drivers requiring update, the update failed. Lenovo diagnostics scan of the motherboard reports USB is fine. Device Manager shows no errors with USB. But USB is dead? I suspect a device that draws power through USB could have fried the ports but have no way to verify this. The fact a device could do that and that I've no USB and diagnostics is not finding the problem is the basis of this question. OS is win 10. USB tested with other devices cameras etc wont work. Log attaached.

Colm

Options

1913 Posts

08-02-2018

US

703 Signins

10606 Page Views

• Views: 10606
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: USB Malfunction

2019-05-27, 19:33 PM

Hi cbweb! Welcome to our forums community. Try running the update using the Lenovo Vantage app. Download here: https://vantage.lenovo.com/. Install all available update. You may also want to check if the Windows is up to date.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

05-27-2019

IE

7 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-05-28, 9:47 AM
Hi Jwes,

Windows update and windows is up to date. I downloaded and ran Vantage. The hardware test stalled at 10% and did not complete. I then ran custom tests, Chipset, PCI/PCI-e, RTC, USB tests and all passed. However, IRQ test stalled at 47% with Motherboard Hardware Scan stalled at 40%. Could broken IRQ be the root cause of the problem with USB?
Options

1913 Posts

08-02-2018

US

703 Signins

10606 Page Views

• Views: 10606
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-05-28, 18:07 PM

Try running the update first, install all of the updates then re run the hardware scan. If the issue still persist, we suggest you to backup your files as soon as possible. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms