Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

07-21-2019

Indonesia

14 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 1 of 1

USB Port Not Working When Always On USB is Turned Off

2020-03-15, 7:58 AM

Hi everyone,

My laptop: Idepad 720S-14IKB, Core i5 8250U, NVIDIA MX150.

I don't know if this problem related to BIOS update. Yesterday I was updated my BIOS to version 6LCN26WWV1.12 (I forgot previous version).

After that I go to Lenovo Vantage software and turn off "Always on USB" feature. At first the reason why i turn it off if to avoid my laptop to waken up by my wireless mouse. Well, turn the always on usb feature is not solve my problem.

But i found another problem. At my laptop, I have 2 full size USB type A. One of them is marked with battery + icon, meaning that port is support always on USB. But when I turn off Always On USB on 

Lenovo Vantage software, that port can't drive my portable harddisk. I need to turn Always On USB to make that port read my external hard drive.
My other USB port without battery mark is working just fine reading my external harddiks with or without turning Always On USB option.

Can anyone confirm this is happening with your laptop?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms