English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-25-2020

IE

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Unable to DJ next 320 ideapas to 2 monitors.

2020-09-25, 0:28 AM

Okay - I’m not great technology wise. Now working from home and office provided me with 2 dell monitors to connect to my laptop. Both have VGA attachments.. I’m trying to link to my laptop without success. I got one monitor to work initially using one  VGA to hdmi lead. But then as I was given a 2nd monitor I purchased a second hdmi /VGA  lead and a hdmi splittwe (lap top only has one hdmi port)  to try to link both monitors. But if I do this the monitors don’t work at all - help - what am I doing wrong and what do I need to do ...thank you. Uk based.

Options

452 Posts

05-14-2020

US

198 Signins

2335 Page Views

• Views: 2335
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Unable to DJ next 320 ideapas to 2 monitors.

2020-09-29, 13:25 PM

Hello,

With just one HDMI port the equipment may only be capable of using one external monitor directly.  I have seen a device called a docking station used which enables using two external monitors while the main laptop remains closed flat.  Check Lenovo and other places for docking stations, and carefully review what they do before purchase.

Some monitors will accept USB cables.  I have no idea if it would be successful using one monitor with HDMI and another with USB.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete