English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-16-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Updating graphical drivers?

2020-10-16, 18:04 PM

I purchased the Ideapad Flex 4 at the end of 2016 and it has been a fine laptop but over time I have been noticing increasing graphical errors so I tried to update my graphics drivers. First I tried using the Intel drivers on their website to manually download and install the most up to date driver but I received a message saying "the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." So I turned to the Lenovo website, and downloaded Lenovo vantage only to find that the most updated graphics driver is driver version 21.20.16.4550 from 11/11/2016 while Intel has a driver that is version 27.20.100.8783 from 9/29/2020. 

Why am I forced to have these egregiously out of date graphics drivers that cause my computer to gradually preform worse and worse just because of an arbitrary decision made by Lenovo? Has anyone else run into this problem and how can I fix this?

Solved! See the solution
Options

3844 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4372 Signins

49312 Page Views

• Views: 49312
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Updating graphical drivers?

2020-10-16, 22:32 PM

If you are running any OEM (e.g. Lenovo) driver the Intel installer will give you that compatibility error, so to install the latest DCH driver from Intel, you must first switch to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver as detailed below.   

Before starting, download the latest Intel DCH driver for your graphics adapter from Intel, and disconnect any external monitors for the time being.

(1)  Right-click on Start and select Device Manager

(2)  Click on "Display Adapters" to expand that section  

(3)  Right-click on your Intel Graphics adapter and select "Update Driver" -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

(4)  Select “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

(5)  Click “Next(note that your screen resolution will likely change when it switches to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver).

(7)  Close Device Manager

(8)  Reboot if prompted

You should now be able to install the latest Intel DCH driver installer successfully.

Regards,

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

10-16-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Updating graphical drivers?

2020-10-17, 23:23 PM

Wow this worked like a charm I really appreciate it! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete