Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Using Thinkpad USB Type C Dock with ideapad 3-14IIL05 Laptop

2021-08-26, 10:01 AM

All, Trying to use the above with my new Ideapad, but it does not recognise the device using a USB c Lead to normal USB A.

I was assured i would be able to use the dual monitor is their a fix?

Options

5263 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

337 Signins

30027 Page Views

• Views: 30027
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Using Thinkpad USB Type C Dock with ideapad 3-14IIL05 Laptop

2021-08-26, 12:13 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @WingnutBruno

Thanks for creating a post. I might suggest that you share your complete machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) to help find details on the machine variant involved in this subject.

You can check this link here as a guide to find your machine type model / MTM which consist of ten characters.

Please refrain from including the machine serial number (S/N) in the thread: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/videos/vid100751-how-to-locate-serial-number-and-machine-type-model-number-may-2020-update

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

08-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-09-03, 12:32 PM

MTM  Number for the ideapad is 81WD00F5UK

And for the dock: DK1633

Any help appreciated!

Options

5263 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

337 Signins

30027 Page Views

• Views: 30027
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-09-03, 13:42 PM

Hi,

Checking on the user guide (page 4) of  ideapad 3-14IIL05 the USB A ports are classified to operate as such:

USB 2.0 connector 
- Connect USB-compatible devices, such as a USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB storage device, or USB printer.

USB (3.2 Gen 1) Type-A connectors (2)
-Connect a USB-compatible device, such as a USB keyboard, a USB mouse, a USB storage device, or a USB printer.

There is no available USB C port on this laptop model, hence, it does not make it compatible to the docking station that you have. Docking stations are not actually meant to work with another different machines, they also have their compatibility standards in order to work.

Further checking on the Lenovo Smartfind using your machine type model/MTM, it does not show up any compatible docking station intended to your laptop model, thus, finding a compatible docking to this model can be a challenge. The HDMI port remains to be the responsible port in extending your display. If you wish to utilize dual monitors, it would be worth a try for you to get a HDMI splitter instead.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms