Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-20-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Using my 730s drive in another Lenovo laptop

2021-06-20, 2:35 AM

Hey Folks,

My backpack fell out of my car and I drove over it, with my IdeaPad 730 in it.  It still works (I'm surprised!), but it's twisted and bent and there are some issues with the keyboard and touchpad.  I have all of my files and software on it, and it will be a really big pain in the "you know what" to get a new laptop and copy/reinstall everything.

I considered getting the same laptop and just moving the SSD over, but this model is discontinued.

The IdeaPad Slim 7 comes up as the replacement.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-700-series/IdeaPad-Slim-7-14IIL05/p/88IPS701399?IPromoID=LEN191201

- Will there be issue if I put the 730 driver (M.2 SSD) in the Slim 7 (assuming it's also M.2 form factor)?

- Should I consider something else?  X1?

Appreciate your thoughts and guidance.

Conrad

Options

3042 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

187 Signins

17388 Page Views

• Views: 17388
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Using my 730s drive in another Lenovo laptop

2021-06-21, 17:55 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ConradMcL 

We can try to check these two specifically if you can provide the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help in specifying your machine variant. This can also be helpful in identifying the specifications of these two different machines. One MTM from 730S and one from IdeaPad Slim 7.

Let us know when convenient.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms