English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

06-30-2020

BE

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Wifi card size connector cables +possible upgrade?

2020-06-30, 9:30 AM

Hi,

I noticed that the 'hood' of one of the connector cables in my lenovo 510-15ISK is broken. So I want to replace both of the cables. 

Can anyone tell me what size the 'hoods' connectors are that I should look for? (the foto is not the original cable. just an example of what I mean by 'hood')

While I 'm at it maybe I could also upgrade the wifi pci card. Does anyone know what is a better card that still fits the original? The foto is a picture from a parts-site

It should be the correct replacement part for this type.

Grz!

Paul

Options

10773 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6901 Signins

735289 Page Views

• Views: 735289
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Wifi card size connector cables +possible upgrade?

2020-06-30, 16:02 PM

Hi Paul V,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Checking further on the parts specific to the WLAN connector shows it is part of the LCD cover assembly.

There is no OEM bom parts for connectors only so it would be the whole assembly offered.

I suggest you check among local repair shops for spare connector parts instead as most likely they usually have ones they can recommend if not a DIY solution.

Upgrading the WLAN card is also a challenge due to whitelisting.

Parts lookup under Compatible tab > Commodity list> WLAN cards here have the list of acceptable wlan cards for the model.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete