English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-13-2019

Netherlands

6 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 1 of 3

Windows update 1909 keeps failing on Ideapad 320-17IKB

2019-12-14, 20:22 PM

All,

Windows update from 1803 to 1909 keeps failing on my Lenovo Ideapad 320-17IKB. It stops in the installation phase around 30% and rolls back to the previous version.

Error: 0x8007042B 0x20000D > This suggests that another process is interfering. I already removed any anti-virus/spyware software.

I tried everything from killing all processes and starting up in minimal configuration with at least as possible software and processes: Nothing worked. Finally I have reset my laptop back to factory settings with ALL my own software and files deleted. Still the same error!

I have 4 other Lenovo laptops which I have succesfully updated so I am really puzzled here.

Any suggestions?

Solved! See the solution
Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows update 1909 keeps failing on Ideapad 320-17IKB

2019-12-16, 3:26 AM

Hi obiemond.

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I really want to help here.

Could you try the suggested steps from this link. Update us how it goes. 

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

12-13-2019

Netherlands

6 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 3 of 3

[SOLVED] Re: Windows update 1909 keeps failing on Ideapad 320-17IKB

2019-12-16, 18:43 PM

Hello,

To start with the end: my problem is solved and I finally got my laptop updated to Windows 1909 yesterday, just after I posted the previous message!

I didn't even click the suggested link but I did one final update attempt with a few modifications, so I actually don't know for sure what did the trick but it worked. This is what I did differently compared to before:

1. As the error message suggested that there was a process interfering with the update process which might be hardware-related I plugged out the last piece of hardwarde that was connected: My USB mouse and used the mousepad instead.

2. I restored to factory settings as I did a few times before, but now I dod NOT let Windows install any updates automatically afterwards because I suspected there might be a problem there

3. In the process of restoring to factory settings I used to deny all permissions but now I allowed all diagnostics in anticipation I would need them futheron with the next failed update :-)

4. I used the separate update tool to start the update and not the standard Windows update functionality in Windows

So very happy it worked but a bit uneasy I do not know exactly why :-|

Olaf.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms