English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-25-2015

United States

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 3

Wireless mouse disconnecting or connected but not working

2019-12-26, 2:03 AM

Wireless with USB receiver mouse... For a few days the USB receiver was randomly disconnecting and reconnecting (windows 10 makes a little chime whenever a usb device connects or disconnects).  Then while using the mouse on a webpage the mouse simply stopped working.  Replaced the battery, the light turns on, and Windows device manager recognizes the device (although sometimes the device manager list flickers showing the mouse, then not showing it, then showing it again).  I've updated drivers, I've updated BIOS, Windows update thinks I"m all good, Driver Easy had me install a graphics card update...Lenovo's update service I went through had the BIOS update and optional fingerprint update,   Lenovo support diagnositic service thinks everything is all good.  But no USB wireless mouse works in either USB port ( tried a few).  Devices plugged into USB are recognized (Logitech Unifying Receiver shows under devicess) but has zero funtionality.

I think I had simimlar problmes to this with a dell laptop a couple years that required mailing it in for repairs, and this lenovo has gone through an early phase of the mouse connecting/disconnection randomly a lot, but was fine for a while.  I'm orderin ga bluetooth mouse to try instead, but that really shouldn't be a necessary extra expense...

I know I've seen other peole have this problem (one of the windows community help I went through was unstailing the mouse & USB drivers, but they just reinstalled after restairt and didn't make anything work).  Any lenovo specific help?

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Wireless mouse disconnecting or connected but not working

2019-12-26, 13:24 PM

Hi tinawind,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I really want to help here.

Have you tried using the wireless mouse it on another device?
Did you try it on a different USB port on your Lenovo device?

And what is the model number of your Lenovo computer?

Please try this troubleshooting steps:

1.Verify all signal cable extensions and the Keyboard, Video, Mouse (KVM) switch box have been removed prior to any troubleshooting.
2.Verify the mouse is connected to the correct PS/2 or USB port.
3.If the mouse pointer does not move smoothly with the movement of the mouse, try cleaning your mouse.
4.Verify the latest mouse drivers have been properly installed.
:Use the link below to find the latest mouse driver for your system.
5.Verify that only one mouse is connected to the machine.
6.Verify that the mouse is enabled in the System Configuration Utility (BIOS).
1A: Power on the system and press F1 to enter the System Configuration Utility
1B: Select Devices or Devices and I/O ports and press enter
1C: Verify PS/2 mouse has "enabled" next to it. If set to disable, follow on-screen instructions to enable the mouse

I ran across this forum post the Community Forums, it's has similar issue with a proposed solution.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X260-Wireless-Mouse-is-not-working-after-updates/m-p/3794699#M79372

Give us an update on how it goes.

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

09-16-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Wireless mouse disconnecting or connected but not working

2020-09-16, 16:22 PM

Did we ever find a resolution to this?  I am coming across a similar issue on my Lenovo P320 front USB ports.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete