Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-14-2021

Ireland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Z50: Audio works through headphones (which disables mic), but not through speakers ?

2021-05-14, 9:15 AM

Hi, I have a Lenovo Z50 that runs Windows 10, and in recent weeks the speakers have stopped working, and I can only hear audio by connecting headphones. However, this makes the microphone stop working (it works when headphones are not connected). I have tried updating BIOS and uninstalling/re-installing audio drivers but it seems to not make a difference. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. 

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

4195 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

259 Signins

23387 Page Views

• Views: 23387
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Z50: Audio works through headphones (which disables mic), but not through speakers ?

2021-05-14, 9:28 AM

Hello CD87,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for taking the time to create a post here. I might advise trying to run a diagnostics to your unit for it to see any hardware failure that is responsible for the issue. You are free to include the results in the reply.

Alternatively, you can try to initiate a drivers rollback and see if this would make any difference or improvement on the audio.

If you haven't done this yet; might advise then to try updating the audio drivers from the support site. On the support page, enter your machine serial number to load up the drivers. Go to Drivers and Software, head to Manual Update and find the audio drivers. Restart the machine when installation is complete.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms