Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

10-03-2020

Poland

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 9

added software

2021-04-07, 18:44 PM

where can I download the added software: power2go8, powerdvd14

ideapad 320-15ikb81bg  dvd-hitachi/lg

Options

1419 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

80 Signins

8240 Page Views

• Views: 8240
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:added software

2021-04-13, 20:56 PM

Hello H3O,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Those power to go and other apps are most like softwares that came packaged on the initial offering like a limited promo version. Full feature software are offered with a certain fee from the developers site as option.

You may want to check on these link here and here for related articles too.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

10-03-2020

Poland

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2021-04-14, 8:15 AM

Programs work well in the version that I have. Yes, these are not the highest versions, but they are sufficient for me.

"Full system recovery will re-create the factory software, including any optical support software." - This option works but I do not want to delete everything.

"Windows 10 users can use the recovery facility on factory recovery media to selectively install PowerDVD or PowerDVD Create on entitled systems." - I don't know how. I don't see an option for this option.

Is this option somehow specified? 

I checked the recovery on a third-party laptop and there is such an option available but I can not find it in this laptop.

Options

915 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

365 Signins

4530 Page Views

• Views: 4530
  • Message 4 of 9

2021-04-14, 14:20 PM

Hello,

I am a little confused regarding your exact problem.

For DVD "Burning" and "Archiving" functions many of the actions formerly only available on extra cost programs are not easily performed using features of the Windows 10 software.

Run a web search for "Windows Knowledge Base How To Rip from DC"    or "How to archive files to dvd?"    The 7zip program also has many features.

For windows 10 system recovery schemes, perhaps the best is to create a "disk image" to an external storage device,  a USB memory "key" or USB external hard drive.  Windows 10 Knowledge Base will have a way to create and restore disk images.

For system operation backups, review Windows Knowledge Base for how to create Windows "Restore Points" 

If you desire to simply reset your computer to exactly as it was when shipped, check Lenovo Knowledge Base for "How to Reset to Factory Defaults"

Be aware, in my opinion any data at all once written to any kind of PC data storage device is discoverable by forensic methods.  Regardless of techniques used to "erase" it.  If I want to pass a PC to someone else, I remove the system drive and replace it with a new empty one.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Options

915 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

365 Signins

4530 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-04-14, 14:21 PM

OOPS, Typo in the first topic.  change "not" to "NOW" .....

Options

5 Posts

10-03-2020

Poland

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-04-15, 16:59 PM

I mis described the problem so write again.

After unpacking the laptop and running it. I went through the whole process of installing the system and creating an account. Power2go8, PoewerDVD 14, and more were already available in the programs. 
I removed several programs including Power2go8. I couldn't bring it back. I did a system restore to its initial state. The program has returned. I deleted it again and now I want to restore this program. But I don't want to do that in the factory reset option. I want to keep all my files and programs.
I don't have a Cyberlink cd for this laptop. I don't have a restore point. I don't have a file history. There are only directories with drivers on the disk. I can not download these programs from lenovo site - no files.

How to fix ???

Options

915 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

365 Signins

4530 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2021-04-18, 13:42 PM

Hello,

OK, so there was a software application provided pre installed by Lenovo and you removed it.  Now you changed your maind and want that exact software again.  (I did this too several years ago.  )

Then I invoked a procedure titled "Lenovo Software Update"  (NOT THE SAME AS WINDOWS SOFTWARE UPDATE.)  I don't remember if it was a specific program or a menu item inside another program.  Installing "preferred supplier programs" may have been yet another submenu.

So to find it try typing into the windows search window, "lenovo software update"

Also select the windows icon or the windows button on your keyboard.  In the popup will be a way to read a list of all software installed.  Find the "L" and find the programs with first word of the title "Lenovo"   Plot through those looking for the "Lenovo Software Update" functionality.

The application programs you want to re-install are NOT drivers, so won't show up in update drivers application.

Lastly have you tried a web browser search for your desired applications?  OR searching inside the Microsoft APP store?

Good Luck!

Usedtoberich

Options

5 Posts

10-03-2020

Poland

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-04-18, 19:01 PM

I do not have such programs / options. I only have a Lenovo Vantage and lenovo utility. I do not have such a menu. There are no such programs in the Microsoft Store. 

I downloaded the program cyberlinka from the site. After the test period, I was told that the trial period was over. I had the choice of entering the key or canceling, I chose to cancel and I have a version of the one that I uninstalled. For now, I'm testing it. 

However, I am still interested in how to restore the version from disk.

Options

915 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

365 Signins

4530 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-04-18, 19:30 PM

Hello,

The list of pre-installed software and free usage terms vary somewhat with the nation the equipment is sold within.

Each computer is shipped with an image of the software as shipped located on a somewhat hidden disk partition.  At one time this was named "one key recovery"  Other names have been used.  Explore your Windows Settings pages for system restore, and factory reset.  There will be  blue background screen with about 6 or so icons per page.

Holding the SHIFT key down while using the mouse to select "RESTART" command might raise the top of this menu tree directly.  One of those icons, perhaps a couple of levels deep into the menus will present the factory system reset option.

Then select restore factory defaults, often there is an option to preserve user data, but don't trust that it will accomplish this.  The action will be a complete reinstall of Windows 10 onto your system disk resetting the computer to the status as you unpacked it from the shipping box.

To repeat, don't expect ANY information or programs you added to be preserved, Back them up on external media first.

Good Luck!

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms