Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

37 Posts

09-24-2015

United States of America

42 Signins

255 Page Views

• Views: 255
  • Message 1 of 8

audio driver only works once

2021-05-27, 14:14 PM

Hi. I have a Flex 3-1480 Laptop, that I recently changed Hard drive for and installed Windows via a live USB. I noticed I could only hear sound from the lap top and not the speakers of the HD tv I have connected to it via the HDMI cable. This was working fine before. So I tried to reinstall it, and it worked. But it only works once, after I go away and the device goes to sleep or hibernate, it no longer works. I looked in Device Manger and the driver seems to be installed fine. I tried reinstalling, and same thing happened. The file name for my driver is: 7le508af which I downloaded from lenovo. Any advice on how to address this?

Thanks

pic of device manager 

Answer
Options

2467 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

157 Signins

14231 Page Views

• Views: 14231

Re:audio driver only works once

2021-06-03, 2:16 AM

Hello @ShahinA 

Greetings.

As the Flex 3-1480 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80R3 - Model 80R30017US is intended for Windows then we would expect drivers would likewise be the same.

The model is also not included on the linux compatible list here so it may be a challenge under another OS.

You can likewise check it under the Linux category or even starta topic to see if any other members on the same distro have any working alternatives that they have tried.

Regards,

Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(7)
Options

2467 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

157 Signins

14231 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2021-05-27, 14:19 PM

Greetings ShahinA,

Thank you for sharing your query here. Please try these steps for to see if we can start with the BIOS.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.

Perform/load BIOS defaults:
- Make sure that the machine is properly powered down/switched off.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552 
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.
- Machine will power up to Novo Menu. Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up.
- Inside the BIOS Set Up, navigate to the Exit Menu. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- The computer will start up.

Also, please share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant. The machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

Let us know.

Regards.

Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

37 Posts

09-24-2015

United States of America

42 Signins

255 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-05-28, 18:19 PM

Hi and thank you so much for your reply. The MTM number is : MTM80R30017US I also have another hard drive with Linux installed on it, and from time to time I switch to get other stuff done. Do you think following your advice may have any impact on that hard drive? What I mean is I do not want to break anything. That drive had Fedora 34 on it.

Options

37 Posts

09-24-2015

United States of America

42 Signins

255 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-05-30, 20:49 PM

Hi and thank you so much. I am now able to enjoy audio from the tv speakers when I have windows running. May I ask if the same driver is available for Linux fedora? Is audio driver version 6.0.1.8269 available for Linux?

Answer
Options

2467 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

157 Signins

14231 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-06-03, 2:16 AM

Hello @ShahinA 

Greetings.

As the Flex 3-1480 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80R3 - Model 80R30017US is intended for Windows then we would expect drivers would likewise be the same.

The model is also not included on the linux compatible list here so it may be a challenge under another OS.

You can likewise check it under the Linux category or even starta topic to see if any other members on the same distro have any working alternatives that they have tried.

Regards,

Dex

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

37 Posts

09-24-2015

United States of America

42 Signins

255 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-06-03, 14:11 PM

Thank you so much. Next time I upgrade I know to check the list. It seems to work fine; just this one issue so far.

Options

2467 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

157 Signins

14231 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-06-03, 15:04 PM

Hi ShahinA,

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to initiate a new post on any board should you need any help, so folks in Community can get in touch with you.

Regards.
Dex

Options

37 Posts

09-24-2015

United States of America

42 Signins

255 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-06-09, 16:21 PM

Hi this seems to revert back after a few hours. What I mean is I do what you mentioned, and everything works fine for a while, then usually when I am away and not using the laptop it reverts back to only one option for the audio output. Can you help?

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)