English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-17-2020

IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

battery faliure (lenovo ideapad-330)

2020-09-17, 18:42 PM

battery whenever near 30-35 percent automatically drops to 0 percent leading my laptop to poweroff.

and start charging from 0 percent. and when i try to use my laptop from the charge percent if powers off from then it works normally.

i tried to reset laptop, reinstall battery drivers, update BIOS , updating windows but non of it worked.

any help will be great

Options

474 Posts

05-14-2020

US

206 Signins

2430 Page Views

• Views: 2430
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:battery faliure (lenovo ideapad-330)

2020-09-19, 15:45 PM

Hello,

Batteries within laptops are consumable items, they degrade in capability during usage.  The battery display programs periodically check how much charge the battery can store and from time to time update that feature for calculating the % remaining number.  As time passes, often the battery display becomes out of calibration from the actual.

To reset this calibration, simply charge the battery to 100%.  Disconnect the AC adapter and allow battery to discharge, all the way until the computer turns itself off.   Then recharge to 100% in one session.  Sometimes repeating this again will help bring the software display closer to actual performance.

The Lenovo Vantage maintenance program has advanced features for battery analysis and additional charge - discharge parameters compared to Windows.  IF Vantage is not already installed, search for it within Microsoft store.

Your system hardware manual has the detailed procedures for accessing the battery.  You can access the manual and other important information for your system by clicking on the word "SUPPORT" at the top of this page, then entering you system serial number.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete