English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

02-03-2019

US

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 4

half the keys have stopped working

2020-08-31, 1:09 AM

half the alpha and numeric keys have stopped working. I have done keyboard troublehooting, found nothing. Uninstall driver and reinstalled, nothing. Updated driver from computer did nothing. Update from internet installed elan and that did not work at all, uninstalled it. Found 4 drivers that needed to be updated but failed to download and install. Nothing happened to computer prior to this thing happening. I seem to have tried everything even a factory reset and its still there. What can it be?

Options

1001 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

122 Signins

5586 Page Views

• Views: 5586
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:half the keys have stopped working

2020-08-31, 9:01 AM

Hi tnt4him,

This could very well be a static buildup in the device, that is messing with the circuitry to the keyboard.

Try Static Discharge

- Remove all cables attached to the device (power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)

- Ensure device is switched OFF

- Hold down power button for 60 seconds

- Re-attach all cables

- Let the unit charge for 2 minutes before trying to power it on.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

10 Posts

02-03-2019

US

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2020-09-12, 18:55 PM

The 60 second hold did not work. I have ordered a new keyboard and will replace when it comes in. In the meantime things have got worse. the screen locked up and so I turned it off. then it would not reboot. it would just display a grey screen with no logo. I tried the nova button and none of the reset options would work. I have read that it may be a bios problem but i am not too familiar with that. any ideas gratefully appreciated. 

Options

10 Posts

02-03-2019

US

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2020-09-19, 15:34 PM
I fixed this by replacing the keyboard. works fine now.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete