English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

02-03-2019

US

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 330 hard drive will not recover

2020-09-19, 15:33 PM

my ideapad 330 froze up and then following the recovery process it failed with every attempt to reset or restore with a message there was an error in starting up. i switch out the hd and the computer performed normal. So, I believe it is the bios in the hard drive that needs to be fixed. I can get in there from the nova button but not sure what to do to reset the bios so it will work again. Thank you for your help. 

MOD: Model added to title -Doc

Options

470 Posts

05-14-2020

US

204 Signins

2410 Page Views

• Views: 2410
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Ideapad 330 hard drive will not recover

2020-09-22, 12:12 PM

Hello,

To find your sysstem BIOS and other Windows 10 drivers configured exactly for your ideapad, navigate your mouse to the word "SUPPORT" at the top of this screen. Enter your system serial number and search.  A page will open that has links to all of the information for your machine.  I always click Warranty to see if any Warranty support is still available.  If it is active, then contact Warranty support team.

There will be a link to automated driver search and detection.  Activate that, and install necessary drivers.  However, the system BIOS file is unlikely to help with the hard drive firmware.  To find firmware for the hard drive itself, search the hard drive manufacturers site.  (Obviously the hard drive will need to be connected to your system to update the firmware.  To save taking the machine apart to install it, and figuring out how to boot into Windows from a Live USB, I would locate a cable that connects between the hard drive and a USB port.  Then use the questionable hard drive externally.

Lenovo VANTAGE software automates access to the system configuration data.  Look for it under "L" of windows software list.  If it is not already installed, obtain Lenovo Vantage from Microsoft Store.  Also Lenovo Software Update is convenient.  It is NOT the same as Windows update.  

Good Luck!

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete