English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-03-2018

IR

4 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 2

ideapad 520 restarts after shutting down when charger is plugged in

2020-11-21, 15:47 PM

I have a lenovo ideapad 520 15ikb (type 81bf). One day the charger disconnected and the screen went black. After that I'm facing this weird issue. When the charger is plugged in and I shut down my device, it turns on again automatically. I have another problem with it which I believe they are related to each other. When I put my laptop into sleep, if the charger is connected laptop restarts, and if the charger is not connected it shuts down. Every solution or recommendation is appreciated.

Options

590 Posts

05-14-2020

US

239 Signins

2925 Page Views

• Views: 2925
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:ideapad 520 restarts after shutting down when charger is plugged in

2020-11-25, 16:42 PM

Hello,

This is strange!  My hypothesis is a sleep/hibernate cycle did not restore correctly, and the residual effect is vibrating around when power source changes.

To correct, from the running system, close ALL windows using the "X"

Then use the mouse and select "SHUTDOWN" from the power menu items.  Allow the machine to rest for 10 minutes  or even significantly longer after it looks like it is off.

Power up and enter Windows Desktop.  Don't open any programs.   If you have some autostarted, manually close them with the "X" in the corner of the window.

Immediately use the mouse and SHUTDOWN command again.

After restart, does it work better?   If not, check the BIOS is set to Factory Defaults.  If still not working better consider disabling FAST BOOT option within BIOS.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete