Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-30-2021

Australia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 5

ideapad S340 not turning on - power indicator not on

2021-07-30, 7:56 AM

I have 2 ideapads S340. One of them stopped working. not turning on at all. 

The power light indicator is not on when I connect the charger.

I tried the other charger of the other laptop and it doesn't work. So the problem is not the charger.

any idea?

Options

418 Posts

11-29-2019

France

91 Signins

4701 Page Views

• Views: 4701
  • Message 2 of 5

ideapad S340 not turning on - power indicator not on

2021-07-30, 9:32 AM
You can try the following: 1. Remove the battery on the back of the notebook, connect the computer with only the power adapter, and try to boot. If the boot is normal, it is caused by poor battery contact or battery failure. 2. Use only the battery and do not connect the power adapter. If it is turned on normally, it should be caused by a problem with the power adapter or a short circuit of the laptop power interface. 3. Unplug the power cord, remove the battery, and keep pressing the power button for 30 seconds without letting go. Try to boot. If the boot is normal, it is only caused by the abnormality of the motherboard BIOS. 4. Unplug the power cord, remove the battery, open the back cover of the memory, insert and unplug the memory, wipe the golden finger part with a rubber, and reinsert it firmly.
Options

4087 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

253 Signins

22783 Page Views

• Views: 22783
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:ideapad S340 not turning on - power indicator not on

2021-07-30, 12:53 PM

Hi @AUBUC 

One of the steps given to you is a way of isolating the issue to a no power. If the device did not show any power light indicator at all after performing the static discharge/power drain, it means there is a problem with the internal part of the unit. It would be best to try reaching out to the technical team in your region and have this reported. You can also try to get in touch with any nearby service facility if you wish to keep in touch with your machine.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

07-30-2021

Australia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-07-30, 14:14 PM

Thanks

so if there is a static issue, the power indicator will not be on at all when I connect the charger?

Options

4087 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

253 Signins

22783 Page Views

• Views: 22783
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-07-30, 17:13 PM

Hi @AUBUC 

Performing a power drain is to drain any excess voltage from the device which is one of the causes why sometimes device doesn't entirely power on even with a power light indicator. As what you have written on the subject, there's no power light indicator. If the device still cannot power up after power drain, there could possibly an issue with the battery or the internal power source.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms