Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

09-28-2019

India

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

issue with BIOS and laptop getting turned off

2020-02-06, 12:05 PM

ive updated my ideapad 320s-141KB BIOS to the latest version and then on it's getting turned of after a boot within 10seconds on battery. But it's working absolutly fine with the charger plugged in. Please give a proper BIOS relese.

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: issue with BIOS and laptop getting turned off

2020-02-06, 13:08 PM

Hi chetan_9.

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Was there any other update's or changes on the device before this happen? 

What is BIOS update version you have?

Troubleshoot hardware issue.

Check your hardware faulty and make sure the hardware components work properly.

1. Make sure that you power cable is not damaged. If the cable is not working, you won’t be able to charge.
  2. A bad AC adapter may cause your battery charging issue even if you’ve plugged in your battery. So you can try another AC adapter and see if it makes changes.

Perform a power drain.

• Shut down the computer.
  • Unplug the computer from the wall socket.
  • If the battery is removable, Remove the battery and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds.
  • If the battery is non-removable, while the computer is ON, hold the power button down and wait for the computer to shut down and still hold the power button down for another 15 seconds
  • Leave the device turn off and plug in the AC cord, charge the it for 3 hours, then turn on the laptop without the AC cord plug in.

I ran across this forum post the Community Forums, it's has similar issue with a proposed solution.

Let us know if problem still persists.

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

09-28-2019

India

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: issue with BIOS and laptop getting turned off

2020-02-06, 13:19 PM

everything is working fine. I've updated the bios on 4 feb and left the laptop in sleep. On 6 feb ive opened my laptop. it was powered off. And when im powering on the device, everything is good till the lockscreen appers. As soon as the lock screen apprears or after 15-20 seconds its turning off. all of a suddden the hard drive stops and the screen goes off. But if the charger is plugged in everything works fine, untill the charger is removed. the battery's getting charged if pluggedin. So ive put it in conservation mode. Ive never had this issue before. Is it aproblem with the hardware??

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms