English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-14-2020

SA

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

lenovo 320s-14ikb type 80xk i5 ideapad down arrow and decrease brightness is malfunctioned

2020-09-14, 23:35 PM

Hi.

I have an issue with lenovo 320s-14ikb type 80xk i5 ideapad and it shown as the down arrow key write "bn/" or get me the back page or the projectors screens and the decrease brightness is malfunctioned too and it shows 1234567890 when  i hit them in google chrome or in desktop. Sometime the issues fixed and sometimes it get back.

I tried to update win and the intel graphic 620 monitor still nothing also i tried the to fix the "system setting broker" in task manager nothing also to update the keyboard nothing>

Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you for your support

Options

473 Posts

05-14-2020

US

205 Signins

2430 Page Views

• Views: 2430
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:lenovo 320s-14ikb type 80xk i5 ideapad down arrow and decrease brightness is malfunctioned

2020-09-19, 9:25 AM

Hello,

It is possible small debris has entered these keys and is inhibiting function.  Use a small vacuum nozzle, to clean out and perhaps some gentle scraping around the gaps.  Tilting the PC to large angles may help move the debris aside.  Unfortunately the keyboards are provided as permanent assemblies, not intended for disassembly and reassembly.  For laptops the OEM is often the only source for replacement keyboards.

To test electronic malfunction, try using external keyboard.  Wired USB is the basic expectation.  Bluetooth may work, but a functioning keyboard on the laptop is needed to set it up.

Lenovo Vantage Hardware scan may have a keyboard analysis feature.  It also will suggest appropriate needed device drivers, with the appropriate command entry to Vantage program.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete