English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

02-14-2019

AT

7 Signins

149 Page Views

• Views: 149
  • Message 1 of 1

many questions & problems

2019-02-14, 9:19 AM

hi,

i have since yesterday a lenovo ideapad 330-15IKB . a solid device, which i got, because i bought a low quality device before and exchanged it. but I noticed some things right at the beginning.

1 the bios update per vantage tool failed

2 i didn't have full touchpad support right from the start. first i had to find 2 registry tweaks (tap-two_finger & tap-two_finger enable on the net.

3 the scrolling was by nature much too fast (e.g. under brave browser).  also here i had to find a registry tweak with difficulty (scroll_control mode from 0 to 1)

3b but even with this value the scrolling is still too fast.

4 after a driver-update with your in-house tool i suddenly couldn't open the intel graphics panel anymore. 

4b i only had to go back to an older graphics driver (i.e. the one that was already installed when i bought it). then i was able to open the intel tool again. more exactly: only the intel uhd graphics 620 driver version 23.20.16.4973 from 28.02. 2018 is allowed to be installed, so that the intel tool starts. if i install the newer driver 24.20x, the described problem appears.

4c for me as a user, this means that i can no longer trust driver updates, because they immediately reduce the functionality of the device. 

5. please don't misunderstand, i like this device, but as for the user it shouldn't be that i have to search and do any registry tweaks before -for meanwhile normal touchpad behaviour. 

6. and if I can't trust any driver update anymore - thats a big, big problem.

7. what i also don't quite understand, why do i have two drives? a small windows-SSD drive with 117 GB but also a second drive (data) with 931 GB. such a partitation is new to me under windows and why isn't the second drive also a ssd drive? 

8. what happens with the intel - tool et cetera, if i update the old amd - driver via the tool "auto-detect and install radeon™ graphics drivers for windows" (https://www.amd.com/en/support) ?

9. why does drivereasy show me 20 outdated drivers? see snapshot.

7. final question: can i install a linux distro without big problems too? for example, opensuse or fedora. i have my doubts if driver problems are already occurring under windows. on the other hand, i saw a lenovo of the same series preinstalled with opensuse on an internet page.

sincerely,

noe

ps: again: otherwise a great device.it's not an attack, it's an indication of what shouldn't be.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete