Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-21-2021

Morocco

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

my laptop won't turn on

2021-07-21, 22:48 PM

hello lenovo i as worrking on my laptop and then it shutdown without a reason and then i tried to turn it
and unfortunately didn't work and i put my charge on 

Options

2811 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

299 Signins

14121 Page Views

• Views: 14121
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:my laptop won't turn on

2021-07-22, 10:06 AM

Hi taha2991,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Is there any Power LED lights, Charging LED lights or fan sounds coming from the device when trying to power it on ?  If the device is completely lifeless, then it's most likely a short circuit/dead motherboard.

If yes, then try the following:

Step 1. Static Discharge on Laptop and AC adapter.
- Remove all cables attached to the laptop (hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)
- Ensure device is switched OFF
- Keep the AC adapter connected to the laptop, but disconnected from the wall socket *Important*
- Hold down power button for 60 seconds
- Re-attach all cables
- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes (if it does) then start up as usual.
- Try it a couple of times (2-3)

- Try the above with the battery disconnected as well, but without the AC adapter plugged in, if possible.

- In the event this doesn't help solve the issue, start the device up and disconnect it from the AC adapter and all other peripherals.
- Let the device naturally drain of battery until it turns off completely. 
- Wait a couple of minutes, then plug in the AC adapter, let it charge a couple of minutes, then power it up again.

If it's still not powering on, then it's most likely a dead motherboard, depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)