Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-15-2021

Lithuania

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 11

my touchpad isnt working

2021-05-15, 12:28 PM

lenovo ideapad s340 14IWL

there is no touchpad driver its just gone

Options

3078 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

189 Signins

17639 Page Views

• Views: 17639
  • Message 2 of 11

Re:my touchpad isnt working

2021-05-17, 8:55 AM

Welcome to the Community Forums vycka,

Thank you for creating a post here. Please try these steps for your machine.

Check on the Device Manager for the HID-compliant touchpad driver. Click View then select Show Hidden Devices. Look for Human Interface Devices and then check the listed drivers if there is a hid-compliant touchpad driver. Please try to add a screenshot of how this looks like in your end.

Please try to check the current BIOS version of your machine if it is the same as the recommended BIOS version uploaded on the support site. On the support page, enter your machine serial number to load up the correct drivers. Go to Drivers and Software tab, click on the Manual Update update and look for BIOS/UEFI drivers.

Here is how you can check for your machine's BIOS version: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht070218-how-to-check-your-bios-version-on-windows-7-8-and-10

Finally, try to perform a static drain and load the BIOS to defaults:

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.

Perform/load BIOS defaults:
- Make sure that the machine is properly powered down/switched off.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552 
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.
- Machine will power up to Novo Menu. Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up.
- Inside the BIOS Set Up, navigate to the Exit Menu. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- The computer will start up.

Update us of these when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

05-18-2021

Spain

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 11

2021-05-18, 9:43 AM

After spending a few months considering different options and computer brands, I bought my new portable Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G2 a week ago. It worked perfectly. After it did the usual updates from Lenovo and Windows, touchpad dissapeared. Now it is three days without touchpad.

After seeking help on Lenovo's and Windows 10 official websites, I have lost 3 or 4 hours downloading different drivers from the Internet. I have watched three YouTube videos that had the same problem, but useless.

I do not know if Windows or Lenovo companies are looking for a solution to the problem or is it that I am doing the wrong things.

Thank god the mouse works !

Options

3078 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

189 Signins

17639 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2021-05-19, 12:32 PM

Hi Urdintxo,

Thank you for sharing your post here. The steps provided in the thread are open for you to try if you have been experiencing the same issue too. It appears that you may keep checking on Windows updates that would include fix on the touchpad as this as a new machine.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

05-18-2021

Spain

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2021-05-25, 20:34 PM
Thank you Dex !
Options

3078 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

189 Signins

17639 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2021-05-27, 12:52 PM

Hi Urdintxo,

You're welcome. You are free to initiate a query on the Thinkline boards if you need any help in the future.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Options

3 Posts

05-15-2021

Lithuania

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2021-05-30, 9:19 AM

hello, it didint help same problem.

Options

3 Posts

05-15-2021

Lithuania

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2021-05-30, 9:32 AM

this is the screen shot. now i have connected a usb mouse but i need my touchpad too.

Options

3078 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

189 Signins

17639 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2021-05-31, 16:38 PM

Hi vycka,

Please try running diagnostic scan to your machine to check for any hardware failure. Let us know about the results.

I would recommend trying to boot the machine into safe mode as well then test the touchpad.

Regards.

Dex_Lenovo

Options

4 Posts

05-18-2021

Spain

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2021-06-10, 15:41 PM

Hi Dex,
I have found something that could be useful for other people.
I purchased my new Lenovo ThinkBook 15 in the begining of May 2021. Last 25 days touchpad has been out of order.
Today I have uninstalled the keyboard (with my mouse). Then I have turned off my Lenovo.
When I have started again -MIRACLE- touchpad was working !

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms