Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-15-2021

Bangladesh

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

need help. touchpad not working due to updating drivers via Iobit Driver Booster software

2021-09-15, 1:50 AM

need help. New lenovo ideapad gaming 3 15ARH05. Being too clever,I installed Iobit Driver Booster and updated all the drivers. Since then the touchpad is not working. USB mouse is working just fine. There seems to be no device called touchpad(or something like that) neither in the settings nor in device manager. Only HID-compliant mouse driver shows up in device manager. If i remove my usb mouse,even that device disappears and I have no mouse pointer(or cursor,whatever it is called) on my screen. And touchpad doesnt work obviously. I tried to toggle touchpad button(fn+f10 in my case) but didnt work. I think i need the older drivers. but i cant find any sort of drivers related to mouse or touchpad in lenovo support website. trying to contact lenovo,i came here and i cant see any other way to contact lenovo.
I also reset the pc (from inside the Settings) but that didn't roll back the drivers. Instead, it kept the updated ones. Later then,I saw a youtube video where a person had the same problems. He used System Restore Point to get back to the state where he hadn't updated the drivers. Since i reset my pc,I lost that system restore point and couldnt roll back to the previous state. Here's the link to that video: (1) Touchpad Not Working on Lenovo Laptop - How To Fix Lenovo Touchpad Problem - YouTube

Options

689 Posts

07-22-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

125 Signins

3305 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3305
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:need help. touchpad not working due to updating drivers via Iobit Driver Booster software

2021-09-15, 7:38 AM

Hi

Perhaps start here...

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh05/downloads/order-recovery-media

Consider a Roll-Back to before you installed lobit software.

Forum, Agin em or Just Neutral.

MTM: 82H9CTO1WW
Options

2 Posts

09-15-2021

Bangladesh

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:need help. touchpad not working due to updating drivers via Iobit Driver Booster software

2021-09-15, 7:44 AM

thanks for your kind reply. I also reset the pc (from inside the Settings) but that didn't roll back the drivers. Instead, it kept the updated ones. Later then,I saw a youtube video where a person had the same problems. He used System Restore Point to get back to the state where he hadn't updated the drivers. Since i reset my pc,I lost that system restore point and couldnt roll back to the previous state. Here's the link to that video: (1) Touchpad Not Working on Lenovo Laptop - How To Fix Lenovo Touchpad Problem - YouTube

Options

689 Posts

07-22-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

125 Signins

3305 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3305
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-09-15, 7:49 AM

I think the Link

was to Recovery Media to revert to Factory Fresh, which will wipe your data,

BUT remove the lobit software and install all the correct software.

Forum, Agin em or Just Neutral.

MTM: 82H9CTO1WW
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)