Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-14-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 5

os reset

2021-04-13, 16:49 PM

I did reset on laptop. now it wont boot up. get boot and app menu but don't know what to do. have ideapad 320

Options

2453 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

156 Signins

14166 Page Views

• Views: 14166
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:os reset

2021-04-13, 17:05 PM

Hello hunthend,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I might suggest if you can still access or navigate through your machine's BIOS and check if the hard drive is still detected.

Try performing a power drain/static discharge first.
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all kinds of cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.
- The machine should remain in off state.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552 
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.
- Machine will power up to Novo Menu. Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up. Inside the BIOS Set Up, you can see the Information tab where you can check for the details of hard drive.

Also, please don't forget to share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant.

Let us know if your machine can no longer boot to BIOS.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

02-14-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-05-21, 22:43 PM

haven"t done that yet after I wrote that one I downloaded on usb drive, lenovo product recovery. It seems to start out working right then when green line get almost full it stops & that's as far as it goes. The first time I let it run for 3 days. Since then I have restarted it 3 or 4 times. still not work right. what should I do. Thank You.

Options

3 Posts

02-14-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-05-24, 11:54 AM

did your shutdown thing. It sayes no harddrive installed.  Ideaad 320-15ABR  Mode name; 80XS

Options

2453 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

156 Signins

14166 Page Views

• Views: 14166
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-05-24, 12:23 PM

Hi hunthend,

Thank you for getting back in this thread. You may have to check on BIOS first if the hard drive is still detected. On the Information Tab, check if the hard drive is labeled or specified. You can try to use the Lenovo recovery service and see if that would help. Alternatively, if that did not work, try checking on the Microsoft ISO.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms