Views: 1,204
Message 1 of 2

120S-11IAP - please help Windows 7 install

.hello all 
i have a problem if thereany one can help me

i try to download windows 7 in my new laptop 

120S-11IAP Winbook (ideapad)

but i can,t 
when i run from my USB and in the first step I found a message telling me that there are incomplete files.

I tried to look for this problem and I think it's a USB definition problem.

How can I complete the installation process.

thx advanced

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,166
Message 2 of 2

Re: 120S-11IAP - please help Windows 7 install

@mohammed1982 wrote:

i try to download windows 7 in my new laptop 120S-11IAP  ... when i run from my USB and in the first step I found a message telling me that there are missing files.

The problem is that the Windows 7 install image lacks the drivers necessary to operate the USB sockets.  You need to modify the install image to include the USB drivers.  Intel provided a tool to do this, but they have withdrawn it. However, Gigabyte provide a similar tool that is still available.  So, if you can find the USB drivers, you can modify the Windows 7 install image and complete the installation.

Unfortunately, I don't think that you will be able to find USB drivers.  I am not familiar with your model, but I think that it is a recent one.  Both Intel and Microsoft have stated that they will not provide any drivers or updates for Windows 7 for recent laptops:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012982/the-processor-is-not-supported-together-with-the-wi...

I don't know for certain that this applies to you.  Your laptop has an Intel chipset, so if any drivers are available for Windows 7, they will be available on the Intel web site.  If you cannot find them there, then they don't exist.

You should consider installing Windows 10 on your laptop.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors