cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ausgumbie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 360
Message 1 of 1

300-15ISK - Do non gamers need AMD Crimson Edition?

Hi all

First post and I'm not sure if I'm on the right forum. If I'm not, could a kind mod please move me?

My wife recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad 300-15ISK. It runs Windows 10 Home, version 1511.

Yesterday (14 July 2016) after being pestered for a couple of days by a popup offering an "AMD Radeon update", she clicked on it thinking it was an essential update.

The download was large (we're on metred wireless broadband), about 1.3 GB. What had been downloaded was "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition", which appears from what I read to be gaming software.

Firstly, do non-gaming users (my wife and I aren't and never will be) need AMD Crimson Edition on this Lenovo Ideapad or do you only need it if you're a gamer.

Second, is it safe to uninstall what we now see in the control panel's "Programs and Features", AMD Install Manager Version 9.0.000.4 or will that cause problems with the laptop's normal functioning? I'd hoped uninstalling the new Install Manager might restore the previous Install Manager.

If uninstalling is not an option, is there another solution as Crimson Edition has 300+MB updates almost weekly?

Thanks

ausgumbie

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors