10-10-2017 04:30 AM
Hi! I'm just wondering if you could help me out with my encountered problem:
I think my laptop's system is quite malfunctioning Everytime my battery turns 35%, it drastically drops to 7% right away. How can I able to resolve this? In my "lenovo settings" app, it says that my battery is still in good condition. However, my battery is in it's 87 cycle count already.
Can I resolve this due to system problem? Or is it just my battery it dying already?
Thank you very much. I hope you could help me out with this concern.
10-15-2017 07:39 PM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Sounds like it will indeed be a battery issue.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
If that does not work, I would recommend that you attempt a factory reset, this will rule out software issue.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible repair on the unit. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.